Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum loose ends - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum loose ends
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 05:13:15PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Updated this patch again:
>
> Applied with minor tweaks --- mostly, fixing it so the custom cost
> settings are applied for ANALYZE as well as VACUUM.

Ok, cool, thanks.  I think this completes the autovacuum work I wanted
to do for 8.1.  AFAIK the only thing that we are still badly missing is
the documentation update.  (Matthew, if you are too busy to write it,
please let me know so I know I have to tackle it.)

For 8.2 my first priority (autovac-related) is to eliminate, or at least
alleviate, the need for database-wide vacuums, by keeping track of Xid
wraparound issues on a per-relation basis.

Este mail se entrega garantizadamente 100% libre de sarcasmo.