Re: [HACKERS] For review: Server instrumentation patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] For review: Server instrumentation patch
Date
Re: [HACKERS] For review: Server instrumentation patch
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 01:19:29PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > So, did you try
> >
> > select * from pg_file_stats('postgresql.conf');
>
> Yes, I got:
>
>   ERROR:  a column definition list is required for functions returning "record"

Interesting.  I wonder why the function is not defined instead with OUT
parameters.  That way you don't have to declare the record at execution
time.  See my patch to pgstattuple for an example.

"No es bueno caminar con un hombre muerto"