Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum loose ends - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Autovacuum loose ends
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 09:55:11AM +0200, Michael Paesold wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> >Here is another patch for autovacuum:
> >- Xid-wraparound VACUUM is now FULL without ANALYZE
>
> Am I right in my assumption that this VACUUM FULL can happen for any
> database, not just a template database?

Ah, right.  I think it would be OK if we made it FULL only for
datallowcon=false databases.  OTOH maybe it's not worth at all making
the distinction and we should continue using the previous policy of
issuing only non-FULL VACUUM.

"Having your biases confirmed independently is how scientific progress is
made, and hence made our great society what it is today" (Mary Gardiner)