Re: PGSQL 7.4.8 : idle in transaction problem - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PGSQL 7.4.8 : idle in transaction problem
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 10:46:25AM -0400, Brad Nicholson wrote:

> From a Slony-I users standpoint - the idle transactions cause
> pg_listener bloat, which can impact replication performance on busy sites.

I think that problem has a different solution, which is to rewrite the
listen/notify mechanism.

"Find a bug in a program, and fix it, and the program will work today.
Show the program how to find and fix a bug, and the program
will work forever" (Oliver Silfridge)