Re: thousands comma numeric formatting in psql - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: thousands comma numeric formatting in psql
Date
List pgsql-patches
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I have heavily modified your patch and have applied it.  Instead of
> > using langinfo, I used a \pset variable numericsep.
>
> Why?

Because I don't have langinfo on my system, so I can't test it, nor add
configure code for it.  It also prevents us from using space as the
separator, which is the international standard.

If you think we should use langinfo, we can discuss it, but at this
point, it is not used.