SQLException: Cannot be less than zero - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From
Subject SQLException: Cannot be less than zero
Date
List pgsql-patches
Hi,

I use PostgreSQL 8.0.3 and following associated drivers :

postgresql-8.0-311.jdbc2.jar
postgresql-8.0-311.jdbc2ee.jar
postgresql-8.0-311.jdbc3.jar

I want to use CachedRowSetImpl to populate one row in the following table :

CREATE TABLE "Form2"
(
  form2member3 int4,
  form2member5 int8[],
)
WITHOUT OIDS;
The second column (an array of bigint)  seems to cause the following exception when try to populate :

java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column display size. Cannot be less than zero
at javax.sql.rowset.RowSetMetaDataImpl.setColumnDisplaySize(RowSetMetaDataImpl.java:267)
at com.sun.rowset.CachedRowSetImpl.initMetaData(CachedRowSetImpl.java:679)
at com.sun.rowset.CachedRowSetImpl.populate(CachedRowSetImpl.java:597)
at com.sun.rowset.internal.CachedRowSetReader.readData(CachedRowSetReader.java:170)
at com.sun.rowset.CachedRowSetImpl.execute(CachedRowSetImpl.java:736)
at ...
at MainTester.main(MainTester.java:41)

After reading the only few related subjects, I can't find any solution that I be able to use.
(Nebojsa Vasiljevic made a patch but didn't say how to do it ...)

Has someone yet met and solved this unexpected problem (even momently) ?
Otherwise, Is there another way to deal with variable-length lists  ?