Re: [BUGS] BUG #1707: statistics collector starts with stats_start_collector - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #1707: statistics collector starts with stats_start_collector
Date
Re: [BUGS] BUG #1707: statistics collector starts with stats_start_collector
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> > The following patch removes the GUC stats_start_collector.  The stats
> > process is now always started.
>
> WAIT a second!!!
>
> That was *not* the agenda; the collector is only supposed to start if
> you turn on at least one of the collection options.

Really?  I thought the process always started and it just sits there if
nothing is fed to it, no?  In fact, if it wasn't started from the
beginning, we couldn't enable query strings without restarting the
server.

The current default is true, meaning it always started.