Re: Limit clause not using index - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tobias Brox
Subject Re: Limit clause not using index
Date
List pgsql-performance
[Tom Lane - Tue at 05:20:07PM -0400]

> Certainly.  Bear in mind though that DROP INDEX will acquire exclusive
> lock on the index's table, so until you roll back, no other transaction
> will be able to touch the table at all.  So the whole thing may be a
> nonstarter in a production database anyway :-(.

That's what I was afraid of.  I was running psql at the production DB
without starting a transaction (bad habit, I know) and tried to drop an
index there, but I had to cancel the transaction, it took forever and
in the same time blocking all the revenue-generating activity.

--
Tobias Brox, +86-13521622905
Nordicbet, IT dept