Re: thousands comma numeric formatting in psql - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: thousands comma numeric formatting in psql
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 04:03:43PM +0300, Eugen Nedelcu wrote:

> This is a patch for psql client and not for the backend. It's role
> is to output numbers to screen in easy readable form (2,345,675,454,543
> is much easier to read then 2345675454543.456). I think graphical
> clients like pgAdmin or phppgadmin have a way to do this. I don't know
> this for sure but I will investigate it.

I think it would be much nicer if it was a backend setting.  If it
depended on the locale setting (LC_NUMERIC, I think) and worked for both
input and output, it would be very good.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"Uno puede defenderse de los ataques; contra los elogios se esta indefenso"