Best approach setting up PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Danny Gaethofs
Subject Best approach setting up PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear all,

I am having multiple applications that use PostgreSQL
as their database server. These applications are not
related and contains different functionality.

In the past I have been creating a database in the
same database cluster.

Now I am wondering whether it would not be better to
have the databases run in their own cluster.

If you are in the same situation how have you handled
it?

I am running PostgreSQL on Windows XP (native).
Can I run multile database servers? Or is it only
possible to have one database server with different
database locations?

regards,
Danny