Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Dave Page wrote:

> Because the aim is to integrate it with the existing main website to
> take advantage of the resilient architecture we've been building over
> the last 6 months, as well as to fold another sub-site in the main site
> for design/organisation. Using an existing CMS (which, every time anyone
> investigated them in the past we found were not suitable for one reason
> or another) we will have to start all this over again, and still have a
> separate site and associated servers for us to maintain and to confuse
> users with.

Again, not if we go with Bricolage ... the big 'issue' with Bricolage, if
I recall the last time we looked at it, was that there was a slight
learning curve for the original templates ... but, if Gevik is as
enthuiastic about it, its something that he culd learn how to do the
initial setup and then 'pass on the knowledge' to others over time ...

As for 'seperate site and servers' ... not required, since Bricolage will
'publish' static HTML pages to the existing web site, which also means
that it will be able to make use of the existing infrastructure ..

----