Re: ALTER SCHEMA ... SET TABLESPACE - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: ALTER SCHEMA ... SET TABLESPACE
Date
List pgsql-patches
I am thinking some day we will need:

    ALTER SCHEMA ... SET NEW TABLESPACE

and

    ALTER SCHEMA ... SET CURRENT TABLESPACE

to specify if existing objects are moved, but at this point we aren't
going to get the later in 8.1, so I guess we will just go with an
unadorned stynax.

In fact, the new syntax might just be:

    ALTER SCHEMA ... MOVE TABLESPACE
or
    ALTER SCHEMA ... RELOCATE TABLESPACE

and approves it.

Gavin Sherry wrote:
> This patch implements ALTER SCHEMA ... SET TABLESPACE.
>
> This changes the default schema tablespace but does not attempted to move
> objects within the schema to the new tablespace.
>
> Docs, regression test and tab-completion included.
>
> There were a few places which conflicted with my alter index patch and
> I've tried to edit the diff where possible to allow for easy applying.
>
> Gavin

[ Attachment, skipping... ]