Re: libpq, PQExecParams and the inserting of binary data - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Daniel Verite
Subject Re: libpq, PQExecParams and the inserting of binary data
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
    David Hinkle wrote:

> Is it neccissary to provide the OID of the other fields even though
> they're provided in text format?   I guess what I really need to
> understand is what the OID field is and how to use it.

As far as I understand, no it's not necessary. 0 instead of an
OID in the paramTypes array is fine for any parameter as long
as the type of this parameter can be correctly guessed by the
server at execution time.

-- DanielPostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: http://www.manitou-mail.org