Re: perl and large objects - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Daniel Verite
Subject Re: perl and large objects
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
    Sean Davis wrote:

> I am new to large objects and have a simple test script that dies (at
> the lo_import line) and I don't know why (no descriptive error given).
> Any suggestions (or a quick tutorial)?  The DBD manual just wasn't
> quite enough for me, I guess.

The lack of error message feels like what happens when you call lo_*
functions outside of a transaction. IIRC you just get 0 as the resulting
oid to a lo_import, for instance.

You could try adding $dbh->do("select 1") just after $dbh->{AutoCommit}=0
to ensure that a transaction is started before the lo_import.

Also, your code snippet runs fine for me, unmodified, with DBD::Pg 1.21
Are you running an older version?

-- DanielPostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: http://www.manitou-mail.org