Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> I think most of the real advantages of bug trackers that have been
> mentioned in this thread have to do with history and searchability.
> We have the raw info for that, in the pgsql-bugs and pgsql-commmitters
> mail archives, and so it seems to me that this reduces to the perennial
> gripe that we don't have good enough search tools for the archives.

This also means, to some extent anyway, that someone who wants to show
off the latest-greatest bug tracking system that will satisfy all our
needs could 'seed' the system with at least some of the history that's
available currently through the mailing list archives.  If they (or the
part of the community interested in it, whatever) then work to keep it
up to date and show that it's a better system in whatever way, that'd go
a great deal farther towards acceptance.
Stephen