Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
Date
Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 18 May 2005, Brendan Jurd wrote:

> As someone who's been lurking on the postgres lists for quite some
> time, and submitted one (minor) patch, I think the notion of an
> "entry-level" task list for we beginners is fantastic.
>
> And, I'm sure this has been asked and answered a billion times
> already, but why *don't* we have a real bug tracking system?

Because none of the core developers will use it, so bugs would be added,
but never removed ...

Also, how many 'bugs' have we seen go through the lists that someone
hasn't jump'd on and fixed in a couple of days?  We have a long list of
'TODO' items, but could anyone generate a list of "known bugs"?

----