Re: pgFoundry - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: pgFoundry
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday 16 May 2005 14:12, Robert Treat wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 12:50, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > The only way in my mind to get this dynamism on the website is to make
> > the website part of the process at some level.  If someone has to go

> One idea I've tossed around is requiring patches to include release
> notes, and then display the release notes on the web site as a "done so
> far" type of list. It doesn't get you what is under active development,
> but would get you a more up-to-date picture of changes as a release
> evolves.

Well, there is always the '-committers' list; if all CVS commits had/have
meaningful commit changelog notices, then that could drive something.

There are two things being talked about here:
1.)    A forward-looking rad map;
2.)    A status indication of where development is happening, and a history of
past development.

In my mind 2 is more important than 1, for all the reasons Tom already
mentioned.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology