Re: pgFoundry - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: pgFoundry
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew,

> down, if positioned right, but can help people to see where things are
> going, and where the gaps are. This could in a sense be as simple as
> prioritising the TODO list. Right now anybody who wants to contribute
> and looks at the list has no idea if the item is considered important or
> even if it is still thought to be desirable. There are many changes that
> can be rung on this theme - you would probably want to keep the "roadmap
> process" as light as possible for the cultural reasons you mention.

The substantial problem here is that nobody *wants* to create a roadmap type
document.   If you can find a volunteer, it'd be worth discussing -- I can
see a way we can make a "roadmap" without being deceptive about how we get
features.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus