Re: Do you have any objections on contributing your improvements of the PostgreSQL core back into the product? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Do you have any objections on contributing your improvements of the PostgreSQL core back into the product?
Date
In response to Re: Do you have any objections on contributing your improvements of the PostgreSQL core back into the product?  ("Dann Corbit" <DCorbit@connx.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dann,

> Could someone on the official PostgreSQL team raise their hand, please,
> and say: "We are interested in folding in this valuable research study
> back into the core of PostgreSQL, thus making it much stronger and more
> capable than it is now."

As much as I would love to do just that, you know that's not the way it works.
All patches ... including mine, Bruce's, Jan's, and even sometimes Tom's,
have to be evaluated for usefulness, clean code, bugs, etc.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions