Re: Views, views, views: Summary of Arguments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Views, views, views: Summary of Arguments
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew,

> Not really, no. It would just be one more thing that my hardening script
> had to remove permissions from.

Hmmm ... even though the sysviews check users' permissions?  That was one of
our ideas behind making it "safer than the system catalogs".

> I still have an open mind about the sysviews project, but the more
> oversold, hyped and promoted with bogus arguments it gets the more
> skeptical I become.

Geez, who poured Drano on your breakfast cereal?  Lighten up.  ;-)

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions