Re: SQL_ASCII vs. 7-bit ASCII encodings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: SQL_ASCII vs. 7-bit ASCII encodings
Date
Re: SQL_ASCII vs. 7-bit ASCII encodings
List pgsql-hackers
Am Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2005 04:42 schrieb Oliver Jowett:
> I suppose that we can't change the semantics of SQL_ASCII without
> backwards compatibility problems. I wonder if introducing a new encoding
> that only allows 7-bit ascii, and making that the default, is the way to
> go.

In 8.0, the de facto default encoding is no longer SQL_ASCII, so that problem
should go away over time.  Certainly, making 7-bit ASCII the default encoding
is not an option.

--
Peter Eisentraut