Re: Invalid unicode in COPY problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Invalid unicode in COPY problem
Date
List pgsql-general
We have developed patches which relaxes the character validation so
that PostgreSQL accepts invalid characters. It works like this:

1) new postgresql.conf item "mbstr_check" added.
2) if mbstr_check = 0 then invalid characters are not accepted
   (same as current PostgreSQL behavior). This is the default.
3) if mbstr_check = 1 then invalid characters are accepted with
   WARNING
4) if mbstr_check = 2 then invalid characters are accepted without any
   warnings
5) We have checked PostgreSQL source code if accepting invalid
   characters makes some troubles. We have found that we need to fix a
   place and the fix is included in the patches.

Madison,
If you are interested in the patches, I could send it to you.

Hackers,
Do you think the functionality something like above is worth to add to
PostgreSQL?
--
Tatsuo Ishii