Re: pgFoundry - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: pgFoundry
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 6 May 2005, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> This has been discussed several times before ... pgFoundry offers us
>> nothing that we don't already have,
>
> Actually it does:
>
> 1. Public presentation of the project development

Sounds like what http://www.postgresql.org is either doing, or should be
extended to do ...

> 2. Public presentation of the project bugs

Same as 1, but maybe a bit more forcefully by ppl like Tom ... god, Josh
Berkus even spent the time going through all the various 'bug tracking
tools' out there to find something that would satisfy the requirement by
ppl like Tom to *not* have a web interface, while providing one, and none
of them (and, if I recall correctly, *especially* not pgFoundry) came
close ... and Josh put alot of work/effort into the research, if I recall
correctly, including looking at some potential "commercial" offerings that
were willing to work with us ...

Again, this was heavily discussed at least a couple of times ...

Isn't that what http://www.postgresql.org is for?

----