Re: [HACKERS] Decision Process WAS: Increased company - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Decision Process WAS: Increased company
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Rosser Schwarz wrote:
> while you weren't looking, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Adjustments?
>
> A couple slight tweaks and rephrasings:

> controlling company, give up; there isn't one. We do have a core
> committe and don't hand out CVS commit privileges like candy, but this
> is more for ease of administration than control. The project is driven
> by the needs of the community of developers and users, which anyone
> can join. All you need to do is subscribe to the mailing list(s) and
> participate in the discussions.  (See the <a
> href="http://www.postgresql.org/faqs.FAQ_DEV.html">Developer's FAQ</a>
> for more information on how to get involved in PostgreSQL
> development.)</p>

Thanks.  Updated, I merged in parts of your text:

    <H3><A name="1.13">1.13</A>) Who controls PostgreSQL?<BR>

    <P>If you are looking for a PostgreSQL gatekeeper, central committee,
    or controlling company, give up --- there isn't one.  We do have a
    core committee and CVS committers, but these groups are more for
    administrative purposes than control.  The project is directed by
    the community of developers and users, which anyone can join.  All
    you need to do is subscribe to the mailing lists and participate in the
    discussions.   (See the <a href="http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_DE$
    Developer's FAQ</A> for information on how to get involved in PostgreSQL
    development.)</P>