Re: inclusions WAS: Increased company involvement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: inclusions WAS: Increased company involvement
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 4 May 2005, Dave Cramer wrote:

> OK, so the real issue is how do we make pgfoundry work.
>
> My issue is that by pushing all collateral projects off to another site makes
> it difficult for people
> who are not familiar with the project to find what they are looking for or
> even to know what there is to look for.
>
> I'm sure there are other issues as well?
>
> I think it would be useful if we could increase the visibility of core
> interfaces such as odbc/jdbc, etc.
>   1) add in the README the rest of the interface locations

Agreed, and I believe this was suggested before ... the only thing
stopping this from happening, I believe, is for the project admins to
submit patches to add their interface ... ?

>   2) create a page on pgfoundry for interfaces. This was proposed when the
> interfaces were removed and
> somehow did not get done.

You mean:
    http://pgfoundry.org/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=310

the more 'highly visible projects' that get moved onto pgfoundry, the more
visible pgfoundry itself will become, and the 'defacto standard place to
look' ...

----