Re: Feature freeze date for 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Feature freeze date for 8.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 12:43:37 -0300, "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
> Except for the surprise of peridically having the system go unresponsive
> because it hit a large table, and that new user wondering what is wrong
> with postgresql that it just stalls seemingly randomly :(

I think most users running systems with that large of tables will know
what they are doing. And will be more careful with vacuum.

Vacuum running for a long time on large tables with few pages that need
updating is really a separate problem that could use its own solution.