Re: [webmaster] Opening links in new windows is irritating - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [webmaster] Opening links in new windows is irritating
Date
List pgsql-www

http://search.postgresql.org/www.search?ul=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.postgresql.org%2Fdocs%2F8.0%2Fstatic%2F%25&q=delete+from

>>> I agree, but others don't, it seems.
>>
>> I love the website apart from this.
>>
>> Who disagrees?
>>
>> Note in particular that this behaviour differs from every other open
>> source documentation site I use -- PHP, Python, MySQL.
>
> Uh, I think Marc disagrees.  Anyone else?

The reason it was setup like that was so that you looked at the 'message'
from the search results in a seperate window, while still maintaining the
search results themselves ...

If I'm the only one that finds this convienent, its a 2 second job to
remove the TARGET tag ...

----