Re: Interactive docs idea - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Interactive docs idea
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 09:41:43AM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> After working on PHP for a few weeks, I see that what they do with their
> interactive docs is have any comments posted get emailed to the docs
> list.  Do we do this?

I think it's an interesting idea to mail the comments to pgsql-docs, but
*please don't* start emulating the PHP behavior regarding comments
(leaving the "relevant" ones forever) :-(  I think the PHP manuals are
very low quality because of the information in comments which really
belongs in the main text body (which is crappy in PHP's manual anyway
IMHO.)

Also we could take care of comments asking for support if we do this.
Not sure if there are a lot of those, but I remember seeing some
in the past.

"Es filósofo el que disfruta con los enigmas" (G. Coli)