Re: PostGreSQL (7.3?) recovery, Mac OS X (10.3.8) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PostGreSQL (7.3?) recovery, Mac OS X (10.3.8)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 08:30:39PM -0400, Eric D. Nielsen wrote:

> LOG:  ReadRecord: unexpected pageaddr 0/364000 in log file 0, segment
> 2, offset 3555328
> LOG:  redo is not required
> PANIC:  XLogWrite: write request 0/2364000 is past end of log 0/2364000
> LOG:  startup process (pid 784) was terminated by signal 6
> LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
>
> The startup fails.  The timestamp on the first log appears to be during
> the boot process of the computer.
>
> PG_VERSION reports 7.3.  This is just a "play" database that I use for
> random testing.  I believe its the version that came with the
> PowerBook, unless its been updated by "Software Update", which I would
> doubt.  I believe I last used the database back around January.

What version is this exactly?  IIRC there was a version of 7.3 that
would refuse to start if the last XLog record fell at the edge of a
segment.  I may be misremembering though (i.e. maybe it was one of the
7.4 series), plus I can't find the relevant entry in the release notes.

"Para tener más hay que desear menos"