Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.0.2 Now Available - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.0.2 Now Available
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> Why not just make bt.postgresql.org a redirect to
>> www.postgresql.org?
>>
>> Because it wouldn't have actual links to the .torrents.
>
> Not sure I follow you there? The torrents would still be on
> http://bt.postgresql.org/<something>.torrent. But requests for
> /index.html (or .php or what it happens to be) would redirect to
> www.postgresql.org, which in turn wuold contain links back to
> bt.postgresql.rog for the .torrents.

The issue is more that when I put out the announce (~3 days *after* I
email'd you, Dave and David about it), the www/bittorrent page still
hadn't been updated, so I pointed to where i knew the .torrents were up to
date .. else, I would have used the www/bittorrent page ...

----