can be database files be copied using 'cp' between hosts with different endianess? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Vlad Harchev
Subject can be database files be copied using 'cp' between hosts with different endianess?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello,

I have a quesion - suppose I have sparc box and x86 box running same
release of postgresql compiled with same options. Can I simply copy database
directory between hosts (of course when postgresql server is stopped on both
boxes)?

BTW Mysql (MyISAM) and sqlite allow this.

Thanks for your answer in advance!
--
 Best regards,
  -Vlad