Re: What do Oracle, DB2, etc. actually *do*? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: What do Oracle, DB2, etc. actually *do*?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 09:13:51PM -0800, William Yu wrote:
> Here's my question about "multi-master" replication whether it's Oracle
> or not. How in the world does it work over high latency, low bandwidth
> connections w/o getting pummelled in performance? I mean it's fine when

It doesn't.  RAC is for one data centre only.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to.  That actually seems sort of quaint now.
        --J.D. Baldwin