Re: Moving a project from gborg to pgfoundry? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Moving a project from gborg to pgfoundry?
Date
Re: Moving a project from gborg to pgfoundry?  (Shachar Shemesh <psql@shemesh.biz>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> If only the CVS/Mailing lists are needed, and nothing that is "in the
>> database", then this shouldn't be too hard ... go to pgfoundry, submit for
>> the new project ... once it is approved, create the various mailing lists
>> that you have on gborg, and then, *before* you do anything else on either,
>> I can move copies of both from gborg -> pgfoundry  ...
>>
>> Once I've copied both over, I'll get Chris to mark the gborg project as
>> being 'disabled' so that nobody will see it over there anymore ...
>>
> Actually, it would be very nice if the project was still visible at gborg
> with a single page explaining that the project has moved. People may get the
> wrong idea if it just disappears.
>
> I'm still in status quo with PL/Java. I'm eager to help out to get the move
> done, but I still don't know what more I can do. My requirements are the same
> as Shachar's although a dump of the current bug database would be helpful.

mailing lists and cvs are easy, as they are the same format under either
... its the 'database conversion' stuff that is the reason for the long
hold up for the rest ...

----