Re: Current CVS parallel test lock - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Current CVS parallel test lock
Date
Re: Current CVS parallel test lock  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 03:43:38PM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> Hrm, I just did a gmake install; gmake installcheck - that worked fine.
>  Then I did gmake check again and now that works fine...
>
> It must have been picking up something from my previously installed pgsql.

Do you have a way to revert to the old installation to check whether
the checks fail again?  It might be useful to track down exactly
what happened.  It seems wrong that a currently-installed version
should have adverse effects on a just-built version's regression
tests.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/