Re: GUI - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James Thompson
Subject Re: GUI
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 01 March 2005 08:07 am, Hrishikesh Deshmukh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to spend less time coding and more time running queries against
> the DB which i am building. What about QT from TrollTech!! Can that be
> used to whip up gui real fast! Dreamweaver?
>
> Hrishi

You could use gnue-designer and gnue-forms from www.gnuenterprise.org.  It
lets you paint the input/query forms by drag and drop fields from the db.
You can create multi table master/details forms from existing tables in
seconds that give you insert, update, delete, query capabilities.  You can
assign triggers to forms to do custom processing.  And if you need more
customization you can write python scripts using the gnue-common library
which is the core of our other tools.  I've done that to create custom apps
that tie our database access system to a ui built with pyqt and qt-designer.

Several of the developers hang out in #gnuenterprise on irc.freenode.net if
you'd like more info.

Take Care,
James