Re: Where do we need servers? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Where do we need servers?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Assuming majordomo2 works the same way majordomo does, it just keeps the
> list config and subscription options in plain text files.

Binary, Berkeley DB files for just about everything ...

> Then you set up a second MX record pointing to the secondary machine
> *with a different priority value*. That way mail is only delivered to
> the secondary machine if the first fails. Notes on this:

It wouldn't be a backup in the sense of failover if the main server
reboots, only if it totally goes up in smoke, at which point we'd need to
failover the whole VM ... and this needs to go onto a non-US server, which
I've got lined up in the EU, just haven't had time to move forward with

> How are these things set up now? I see svr1, 2 and 4 all handle mail for
> postgresql.org, but do they do anything more than just queue it up until
> the primary (svr1) is back up?

Purely queuing ...

----