Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: PostgreSQL clustering VS MySQL clustering
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 04:07:51PM +0100, Hervé Piedvache wrote:
> Yes seems to be the only solution ... but I'm a little disapointed about
> this ... could you explain me why there is not this kind of
> functionnality ... it seems to be a real need for big applications no ?

I hate to be snarky, but the reason there isn't this kind of system
just hanging around is that it's a Very Hard Problem.  I spent 2 days
last week in a room with some of the smartest people I know, and
there was widespread agreement that what you want is a very tough
problem.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland