Re: A Question - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: A Question
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 09:15:03AM +0100, Guillaume LELARGE wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> >For some time already I have wanted to work on a system that would allow
> >you to keep the translation up to date easily, maybe involving XLIFF and
> >a database.
>
> There's po4a (http://po4a.alioth.debian.org/). It builds po files from
> sgml files. But I don't know if it can work on big documentations.

Personally I hate PO files.  So I rejected the xml2po solution some time
ago (which Gnome and KDE use).

Then again, maybe my problem is not PO files, but rather the tools to
handle them.  I hate them so passionately that I edit them with vim
instead.  I'm too lazy to come up with another one, of course.

"Linux transformó mi computadora, de una `máquina para hacer cosas',
en un aparato realmente entretenido, sobre el cual cada día aprendo
algo nuevo" (Jaime Salinas)