Re: pg_autovacuum Win32 Service startup delay - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pg_autovacuum Win32 Service startup delay
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 06:57:54PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

> (Five minutes at least has a defensible rationale, ie it's the default
> checkpoint interval and we expect we can replay the log at least as
> fast as it was created initially.)

Hmm, I remember Mark Wong from OSDL saying that it took to replay the
logs after a crash more than the six hours it had taken to generate
them.  Simon commented that it was unexpected, but there was no further
comment on the issue.

(On his test the server is generating the logs as fast as it can, so it
may not be important, but anyway ... )

"Ciencias políticas es la ciencia de entender por qué
 los políticos actúan como lo hacen"  (netfunny.com)