Re: Best Linux Distribution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew L. Gould
Subject Re: Best Linux Distribution
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 21 January 2005 11:23 am, Bruno Almeida do Lago wrote:
> Any info about NetBSD?
>
> Bruno

Recent OS benchmarks (nothing specific to PostgreSQL) were compared to
FreeBSD 5.3 and posted at:

http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/gmcgarry/

I don't know enough to apply the information to the discussion at hand;
but maybe you'll find it useful.

My biggest beef with NetBSD is that there's so much you have to
configure by hand in the base installation -- much more so than even
FreeBSD because of the portability goals of NetBSD.  On the other hand,
(thanks to articles by Michael Lucas) my Nec MobilePro 780, a large pda
with keyboard, now runs NetBSD 1.6.2; and has grown up to be a real
computer!  You have to take the good with the bad, I suppose.

Andrew Gould