Re: Thoughts on the mirroring system etc - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Thoughts on the mirroring system etc
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thursday 20 January 2005 07:47, Dave Page wrote:
> The major problem with wwwmaster is that we need multimaster replication
> to handle it properly, without having a single point of failure. Slony 1
> will not resolve that basic issue.

I wonder if daffodil replicator is worth looking into.  I don't think it is a
true multi-master system, but it claims to do bi-directional replicating and
data-synchronization between databases, so it might do what we need.  I'm
sure if we told them we were thinking of using it for the pg website they
would be willing to help.

As an aside, I'm not convinced that we have to go the db replication route.
AFAIK the php website doesn't use any db replication, instead relying on one
central server for submitting comments and some apache/php magic to do
automagic mirror redirection.  I don't see any reason we can't use that
scheme.

--
Robert Treat