Re: 8.0 just hit slashdot! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 8.0 just hit slashdot!
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Mitch, Jeff,

> Slashdot as always been religious about MySQL, and took a long time
> for even PHP to become accepted.
>
> This was actually a great response coming from a very
> MySQL-is-the-only-database-for-the-universe crowd...

Actually, our "Slashdot Image" has been overwhelming positive over the last
year.  This is mainly because Slashdot hates a successful (by some
definition) company, and always supports the "underdog".  Check any post on
Red Hat, and you'll see how they became "the evil empire" the first quarter
they posted a profit.

Currently, this works in our favor, but if MySQL started to fall apart, it
would turn against us.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus