Re: PostgreSQL and WebObjects - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ralf Schuchardt
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and WebObjects
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 01:13:58 -0500
Ken Tozier <kentozier@comcast.net> wrote:

> Anybody using PostgreSQL with WebObjects on OS X 10.3.x? I'm having
> trouble setting it up and could use some pointers from anyone who has
> successfully gotten the two working together.

I've done this a numerous times. You need a PostgreSQL-Plugin
from Hexdreams (http://www.hexdreams.com/) or ProjectWONDER
(http://wonder.sourceforge.net/) and a recent JDBC-Driver
(jdbc.postgresql.org). Put the JDBC driver into the Java-Extensions
directory, compile and install the plugins ... and it should work.

If there are more questions, I would suggest using one of the dedicated
WO mailing lists at omnigroup or apple (where you might find some hints
in the archives, too).

Ralf