Re: Cursor bug? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike G.
Subject Re: Cursor bug?
Date
List pgsql-general
thank you.

I use the cursor because I really do an update against a different table based  on a value from the select in the
originaltable.  I am eagerly awaiting 8.0 and the ability to issue an Update Table1 Set Table1.col = Table2.col Using
(Selecty from Table2)

Mike

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 04:58:06PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Mike G." <mike@thegodshalls.com> writes:
> > I have a function that reads through one table via a cursor to make updates to a different table.  There is a row
inthis table with a column that has a null value.  The following row, in that same column, is not null.
> > When the cursor loops through the table it seems to be treating the non null row as being null.  The fetch should
beinserting the new non value into the variable but doesn't appear to be.