Re: FTP/Mirror selection - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: FTP/Mirror selection
Date
List pgsql-www
Dave,

> In the interests of getting some decent stats for the 8.0 release, the 1
> week release delay allowed me time to finish the code I previously
> promised Josh to track all downloads through all mirrors. The result can
> be seen at http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/ftp/ and is already linked
> from the live site. Please take a minute to give it a whirl so we can
> catch any hidden bugs before the 8.0 release (if there is anything
> major, the old system can be easily reinstated, and is in fact still
> linked from the main download page as an alternative option).

This is *way* cool.   How do I see the counts?

> 1) It doesn't mirror too well just yet so is all running on wwwmaster.
> Eventually I just want the final mirror selection pages and counters on
> wwwmaster.

Won't this be a performance-killer around major releases?

Speaking of which, I thought that wwwmaster was moving to one of Gavin's
machines and off your personal machine.  No?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions