Re: 64-bit mirrors - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: 64-bit mirrors
Date
Re: 64-bit mirrors  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-www
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've been working for the past couple of months on building a new machine for
> pgFoundry and to be a PostgreSQL mirror.  It's hard for me to justify,
> though, NOT going Opteron.
>
> So, my question is, if I put pgFoundry on an Opteron machine, is there another
> 64-bit machine in the postgresql network I could mirror it to in case of
> failure?  This seems better to me than letting our 32-bit dependancy drag on
> because we can't afford to upgrade all the machines at once.

Is there anything that has to be mirrored that is 64 vs 32bit dependent?
Isn't everything PHP based?  It should just be a matter of mirroring the
specific PHP files themselves, with the 'mirror server' having the same
overall configuration as the master ...

----