Re: 64-bit mirrors - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: 64-bit mirrors
Date
List pgsql-www
Marc,

> Is there anything that has to be mirrored that is 64 vs 32bit dependent?
> Isn't everything PHP based?  It should just be a matter of mirroring the
> specific PHP files themselves, with the 'mirror server' having the same
> overall configuration as the master ...

For pgFoundry, the issue isn't the PHP, or the database, which will be taken
care of by other means.   It's:
mailman config
mail ques
CVS
files & file permissions
cron jobs
etc.

While it might be possible to do all of the above via a straight-up file-based
RSync, it removes the convenience ... and portablility ... of the
copy-the-whole-VM approach.    And, if we can't do that, then heck if I'm
going to use VMs at all ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus