Re: Need to know final URLs for press kits - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Need to know final URLs for press kits
Date
List pgsql-www
Robert,

> Josh, what are the pages involved? IIRC it is presskit80.html and
> release80.html? (foundry seems down otherwise i would look it up)

Just presskit80.html.

> I guess we have two directions we could go; put the files into a
> subdirectory for each language under the files section, like we do with
> the FAQ's, so the urls would look like:
> http://www.postgresql.org/files/press/en/presskit80.html
> http://www.postgresql.org/files/press/fr/presskit80.html
> etc...

This works for me, fine.

> I think the alternative is to try to put them all somewhere under
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/ and then try to do some content
> renegotiation for just those particular pages:
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit80
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/release80
> and then it would just magically figure out what language the user
> needed and/or have links for "this page available in" message at the
> bottom.

That's not going to work since we don't have full sites for any of these
languages.   Also, we need to embed explicit links in e-mail.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions