Re: pg_live - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier (by way of Robert Bernier
Subject Re: pg_live
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On December 15, 2004 02:29 pm, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Robert Bernier wrote:
> > It will feature a live working postgres 8.0, updated documentation and
> > will include the windows installer with binary. As well, pg_live will
> > contain a complete set of diagnostic utilities for system and network
> > administration to serve as an emergency boot CD.
> >
> > The idea is to have the CD ready for Linux World (Boston) 2005. However,
> > if I can get some assistance from the community, I would like to make it
> > compatible for the Solutions Linux that will be held in Paris this coming
> > February too by getting the documentation translated into the appropriate
> > languages.
>
> If I can help you in any ways, just tell me.

Next week is when I start working on it. I'll be concentrating on updating
 and streamlining the boot process at that point.

> I'm translating the PostgreSQL manual in french and hope to finish it at
> the end of this year. Unfortunately, I'm translating the 7.4.0 release,
> not 8.0. I don't think I can translate 8.0 before Solutions Linux... but
>   it would be pretty cool :)

I could have both the 7.4 version and 8.0 versions active (but it's too soon
 to tell what kind of resources this is going to chew up on a system).

> If you want to build a french CD, 8.0 will be the first PostgreSQL
> release to be completely translated in french. I'm also doing the
> translation of pginstaller. I hope to be able to send it to
> pginstaller's mainteners by the end of the week.

There's no problem to doing this. I figure the easiest way is to upgrade the
 english version and then either create a french only version or add a simple
 option permitting using French. I'll need to reflect on the issues.

cheers

Robert Bernier