Re: subscribe missing? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: subscribe missing?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> When I tried to subscribe I got:
>>>

>>> Not Found
>>>
>>> The requested URL /mj/mj_wwwusr was not found on this server.
>>
>> How/where did you subscribe from?  We made some changes this
>> past weekend
>> to deal with some issues that were reported, so the URL should be
>> http://mail.postgresql.org/mj/mj_wwwusr now, where it used to be
>> http://webmail...
>>
>> I've just fixed the links from the archives, which will become
>> live within
>> the next 30-40 minutes or so ... so if that is where you were
>> seeing it,
>> then that's done ...
>>
>> Anywhere else, please let us know ...
>
> Not sure where he got that one from, but that URL is in all the
> thousands of downloads og pginstaller, per your own instructions ;-)
>
> can we get a redirect fromt he old server?

difficult, as the config files are regenerated from a script ... *but* ...
I've set it up right now and will try to remember whenever I do run the
scirpt to fix it ...

> Also, is this change permanent so we should update the installer?
> Perhaps we should put a "generic redirect page" that will always be
> there and redirect to the proper location, if it's expected to change?

Yes, this is permanent ... I should have set it to mail originally, since
mail will always be where majordomo itself resides, where, like I just
changed, webmail doesn't even have to be on the same machin :(

----